Carel Bitter is Head of Data at Spamhaus. I was fortunate to interview him last year for our iQ Podcast #5: "How Spamhaus addresses DNS Abuse." It's still worth checking out if you missed it!
And last month, I was delighted to catch up again with Carel, this time in person while attending Nordic Domains 2022 in Stockholm. I asked him to spare 25 minutes to provide us with an update on Spamhaus' DNS abuse fighting activities among other topics, such as:
- The latest in cyber threats that they track
- Regulatory interest observations, and related reports on domain abuse
- Criminal domain name usage trends that propagate phishing, malware, and botnets
- The issues of trust, authenticating users
- How botnet command and control points work
- Potential threats due to the war in Ukraine
In addition to subscribing/following and listening wherever you get your podcasts, you can also listen to this interview via the Alexa Home Assistant.
Just say: "Alexa, play iQ Global Podcast, Episode 17."
You can also listen via our YouTube channel: