iQ were delighted to sponsor an evening workshop in Oslo last Thursday.
The workshop, "ICANN and current challenges on the internet ", organised by ICANN, The Norwegian Association for Law & IT and ISOC Norway, showcased and discussed the different approaches for handling suspicious behaviour on the internet. Covering both the global and local perspectives.
- Siôn Lloyd, ICANN Lead Security, Stability & Resiliency Specialist, who presented on DNS abuse mitigation in the gTLD context
- Hilde Thunem, MD of NORID, with her presentation entitled "There is something we do not like on the internet. How we handle this in Norway"
- Rolf Larsen, Chairman of iQ “A toolbox for DNS Abuse monitoring and mitigation for Registries, Registrars, hosting companies and Internet users in general”.
- Lise Fuhr, Director General, European Telecommunications Network Operators’ Association (ETNO)
- Elena Plexida, ICANN Vice President for Government and IGO Engagement
- Håkon Styri, Senior adviser, The Norwegian National Security Authority (NSM)
The event, attended by industry veterans and "newbies" alike, provided expert discussions no only on DNS abuse but the recently introduced NIS2 directive.
Attendee engagement during the Q&A sessions proved how much interest there is in these subjects and attendees left with great insights and pointers from our expert speakers.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank ISOC Norway for the invitation and we look forward to future events!
If you'd like to see the presentations from the panelists, they're available here.